Cranberries are tangy, sweet, healthy, and back in season! This berry is touted as one of the healthiest foods on Earth, a title that is hard-earned these days. Not only do these vitamin-packed berries taste great, they provide our bodies with a dictionary’s worth of health benefits. Here are 5 different ways to include these yummy and healthy cranberries into your diet:
1. Oatmeal and cranberries. This combination proves both heavenly and health-conscious! Simply add a handful of dried cranberries to your morning oats and soymilk, paired with pecans and blueberries for an antioxidant boost. The natural sugars will wake you up better than a good cup of coffee, and the oats will leave you full and feeling energized.
2. Cranberries and rice pudding. A warm bowl of rice pudding in the colder months of the year can be just the thing to take the bite out of the air. Your grandmother’s favorite rice pudding recipe will taste like a new find when you switch raisins for the tasty, tangy cranberry, which will enhance the sweetness of any nut milk you choose.
3. Cranberry trail mix. Mixing this season’s “superfruit” into your post-workout trail mix snack will give your diet and recovery rate a great boost. Natural sugars replenish your body and lessen the feeling of fatigue associated with a good hustle. Include hazelnuts for an autumn enhancement.
4. Cranberry bread. Dried cranberries are versatile, and can also be baked into your favorite recipes for a twist. Berry breads are great for breakfast, and combine grains and fruit for a blast of food energy. Toasted cranberry bread with hazelnut spread and cinnamon can perk up any cold, gray morning!
5. Cranberries in salad. Salad is refreshing and vitamin-packed, but old hat becomes new when tossed with dried cranberries. Instead of letting your salad recipe stagnate, try dried cranberry and almonds in your next spinach and kale blend, finishing with a homemade mustard vinaigrette for a unique spin.
And if you’re looking for a cranberry snack to take with you, our Cranberry Almond RAW BALLS® are a great option! Tangy cranberries and almonds are a tasty treat.